Desk lamps often play a role in the office or home, even if you seldom gaze at your desk, staring at a pile of paper. The best smart desk lamps use LED lighting technology to create stylish and energy-efficient lamps and adopt smart control for easier life. The excellent light quality you receive from LED enables you to use these lamps whenever a little extra sparkle is necessary.
Some people might like a desk lamp on the bedside table because it is suitable for reading when you choose a printed book over an iPad. Looking for a smart lighting solution for your desk, end table, or nightstand? Look no further than these 5 smart desk lamps we have rounded up for you. We have searched dozens of desk lamps to pick the best for different needs.
What Is a Smart Desk Lamp? What Are the Functions?
A lamp that operates and controls its light via voice command, wireless signals and wireless remote controls. It links to a computer or smartphone via the Internet. This lamp is also helpful in making your wireless range more comfortable.
One key feature of smart lamps is the use of advanced light and an environmental microcontroller to control the light and temperature of the lamp. They also provide the application for sleep monitoring, karaoke, and color correction.
Benefits of Buying a Smart Desk Lamp
– Smart Control: One common noted feature in all the smart desk lamps is that they have smart controls. This makes controlling the lamps easier. Other additional smart features include an USB port, which allows you to recharge your lamp from other devices, such as a laptop. You can also use the port to recharge your phone.
With a smart lamp, you can control it with various ways such as voice and smartphone wherever you are. Moreover, if you are going to regular your schedual, buying such a lamp is the best of the best option. Why? You can set the specific time to light up and turn off the smart control desk lamps via phones. A good feature, right?
– Durable: The major advantage of having smart desk lamps is that they have a long-life span and are able to withstand wear and tear. Averagely, a single led desk lamp offers approximately 35,000 hours of light. Therefore, if you use it at least 8 hours a day, then it can serve you for the next decade.
– Emit Natural Light: Most smart desk lamps emit natural light. This is made possible by the color-rendering index (CRI) feature, which has the ability to measure the source of light to produce natural light. When buying smart desk lamps for your office or home office, always look for one that has CRI ratings between 80 and 100.
– Color Temperature: Did you know that there is a difference between cool and warm lighting? This is determined by the color temperatures. For good lighting, it is advisable to choose color temperatures between 2,700K and 4,500K.
– Adjustable: Smart desk lamps come with extra features that make them adjustable. These features include goosenecks, swing arms and boom arms. With such features, you can place the lamp at your desired position or angle.
– Dimming Light: With a smart desk lamp, you are able to control the amount of light emitted. As such, you can minimize/avoid damaging your eyes. Too much bright light has negative effects on your eyesight. Always choose a lamp with several brightness levels.
Need an eye care desk lamp for demanding tasks? Click here!
– Safe to Use: The base of most smart desk lamps weighs more than its stand. This prevents it from tipping over when placed on a table. Additionally, choose the LED bulbs because they are cool to touch, meaning they are safe to use if you have children.
Who Should Buy a Smart Lamp?
First, you should know what kind of smart desk lamps are available. These kinds of desk lamps are great if you already have a smart home hub you use for other things because you won’t have to deal with even more hubs, the limits of Wi-Fi, or low-power.
Reviews of the Best Smart Desk Lamps
Check our top recommendations:
With Clamp – VagaryLight Smart Clip on Reading Light
You can clip this light on the bed frame and use it as a reading light at night. The clip and light are very stable, and don’t push the headboard or damage it. You can remotely control it via voice commands using the integrated Google Alexa function.
It has three modes of lighting and ten dimmable levels. You can turn on warm white when relaxing, daylight for reading, and study mode for working. The Gooseneck USB powered lamp also has an eye-protection feature, among other capabilities. It is well worth every cent!
The lamp has a lot of color configuration. It’s not too luminous for a LED light unless you want it to be. It has Alexa integrated features, so you won’t have to push the buttons on yourself.
Despite its size, this small lamp has many options. It can be brilliant when you need to light up the living room without the overhead light or turned into a soft white light at night when you nurse the baby! What you need to operate is just monitor it from a smartphone or touch the lamp top.
For Living Room – Zeefo Crystal Table Lamp with Dimmer
In a room, the lamp looks elegant and very modern. When the light is turned on, the crystals are very secure, beautiful, and bright. ZEEFO extends the view uniquely, making it very helpful, reliable, and high quality overall. The “crystals” in them are very strong, although they look like teal glass. You can also use and control conveniently. The switches on the hand and base simplify everything.
For Dorm – Marrado LED Eye-friendly Mood Light
Marrado lamp uses LED bulb and provides an incredible range of options. The lamp has four levels of brightness, and you can select a color change mode for the lamp to stay on a particular color.
The RGB color shift mode supports so many color displays. By placing your finger on the touch-sensitive panel to browse and make your choice, you select your option. Its color levels are eye-friendly and comfortable. A USB charger makes it extremely portable. You can use this as a bedside lamp or on the porch to read at night.
Desk lamps are often referred to as “task lamps,” as they supplement overhead lighting so that you see better, whether it is reading, cooking, sewing, drawing, or writing. You can use a smart lamp to adjust the lights to match your mood, but you can’t do it with standard overhead lighting.